16 December 2008

Whatever, Martha!

I like Martha Stewart. I really do. But I also like her daughter's show, Whatever, Martha. It's so stinking funny. The basic premise of the show is that Martha had countless hours of video footage from her show that she didn't know what to do with, so she gave it to her daughter, Alexis, and Alexis' friend Jennifer to do with it what they will. So pretty much the girls watch it, rip it apart, sometimes participate in the building of crafts, and rip Martha's stuff apart some more. Apparently, Alexis has a lot of issues from growing up as Martha Stewart's daughter, and the show is a forum for her to work through them. Or something. In any case, I find it hilarious.

I tried to make these cookies today. I got the recipe from Martha Stewart's website. The cookies didn't turn out--they're a little too crispy, and I even took minutes off the timer with each batch I baked. The recipe says bake 15 minutes; I baked them for 10 and they were still overdone. Maybe it's because I used regular ol' cocoa powder instead of Dutch Processed (whatever), or because I don't have a kitchen mixer with a paddle attachment (whatever), or because I didn't bake them on parchment paper or let them cool on said parchment paper, or even store them on the parchment paper (whatever, Martha! Parchment schmarchment). At least the cookies taste good.

3 comments:

Kadee said...

I've heard a lot of good things about this show. I don't think we get that station, though. What station is it on?

Heathie said...

It's on the Fine Living Network (FLN); it's 113 on our TV (we have Dish network). But you can probably find clips of it online.

Nurse Heidi said...

Those scarves are so cute! Hopefully I'll never need one, but if I do, I fully expect you to make me a set ;).

Plus we love those cookies. I use semisweet chocolate chips and regular baking cocoa. It really does work better to bake them on parchment. And I agree that you should bake them for less time - I just bake them until the exerior is set but the inside is still soft and poofy, and then I let them sit on the baking sheet for a few minutes to continue baking after I take them out of the oven. Mmm, now I'm craving them...

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers