18 December 2008

Drew's Magic Trick

Samantha is 15 months! We took her to the doc for a checkup yesterday. As is our style, we were running a little late for the appointment, even though we started getting ready a little early. We finally got every one's coats on and were headed out the door when I noticed something around Drew's shoe. It was his favorite striped underpants! I thought, "Oh, maybe they were just on the floor in his room and he stepped on them and they got stuck..." but then I thought, "I'm pretty sure those are the ones he was wearing earlier today..." So I peeked in his britches and sure enough, he was going commando. I'm not sure how he did it; as far as I remembered, he had nothing around his ankle when I put his shoes on, and nothing around his shoes when I put his jacket on. I guess he's just magic!
Samantha is healthy and doing well. The doc asked all the development questions and she's right on track, except I had to rack my brain to think of four words that she says. He told me names count, so she's got more than four. They are: kee-ee (kitty), a-dah (lay down; this she says to Vito and points her little fist at him. It's so cute), Ooooo-weeeeeen (Owen), hi, 'aye ('bye), mum (some), muh (more; she also signs this one, and does the sign for milk, too). She babbles quite a bit, but not as much as she used to it seems.
Samantha's height, weight and head circumference are on a steady upward curve, and she's on the 25th percentile for all of them. She weighs 21 lbs, 14 oz. She's 30 inches long and her head is 18 inches. So far she's following the same pattern as her brothers: she eats a ton, but she's still a little shrimpy. I love it.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

He he! Don't you love the little surprises our kids come up with just as you're trying to leave somewhere? Murphy's Law!! At least he hadn't pooped his pants or something - I was sure it was going to be a messier discovery than what you found! :o)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers