28 February 2008

No Wanna Have To

Sometimes we request something of Drew and Owen that is optional. For example, we'll suggest that they do something like take a certain toy to bed or have a drink of water. But if they protest our suggestion, we just say, "That's okay. You don't have to." Drew caught on rather quickly. Lately, if I ask him to do something and he doesn't want to do it he'll say, "No wanna have to."
Drew's been scared of a lot of things lately, too. I wondered if the boys' problems at bedtime are caused by fear of the dark or something. Their room gets pretty dark at night, but the street lights do shine in through the blinds some, so I haven't gotten them a night light yet. The other night at bedtime I asked Drew if he was scared when I turned out the light. He said, "I'm scared a garbage truck." I told him there was no garbage truck. He said, "Garbage truck bit you." I told him the garbage truck never bit anyone. He looked skeptical. Drew is also afraid of the ceiling fan in my room. I find that a little odd, because it's never on; it just sits there.
Owen has been his usual quiet self lately. He's turning into a bit of a couch potato, which worries me, but he's been sick, so I think when he gets feeling better we'll have to make sure we get out more. I need to start writing their funny sayings sooner; I think I write about Drew a lot more than Owen. Owen says funny stuff too, I just can't remember most of it.
In unrelated news: Happy Birthday, Laura!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww! Thanks for the birthday shout-out :) 26 years old! I'm still not as old as Jer though :) Naomi had a lot of strange fears too--especially at bed. We recently put an energy effecient lightbulb in their closet (that's what we use for a their nightlight)and she decided the blue glow looks like "angels in the closet." It makes her happy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers