22 February 2008

Making Cook

Drew and Owen were playing nicely in the living room. I thought, Oh, I can go downstairs for a few minutes to chat with David. I guess I was down there too long. Eventually the car noises stopped and it was suspiciously quiet. David went upstairs to check things out while I checked my email. He hollered down the stairs: "You'd better come see this." I finished up my email and ran upstairs.
Drew and Owen were no longer in the living room, but were in the kitchen standing on two chairs by the stove. They had just about every cooking utensil out of the drawers. They had a pan on the stove which contained baking soda and various spices from the spice rack (luckily they can't reach the knobs to turn on the burners). The counter next to the stove was covered in baking soda and spices, as was the floor.
Drew looked up from his stirring, smiled at me and said, "Hi, Mom! I'm making cook!"
It was another one of those where I had to control my laughter. Not only so the boys wouldn't see it, but so David wouldn't see it. He didn't find it very funny. But he was nice enough to clean it up while I washed the boys' hands and changed their baking soda-covered shirts.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

The 'silence' always gives it away that something is going on, doesn't it? I would have had a hard time not laughing too.

Sabrina said...

That is too cute! What can you do but laugh? I hope you took a picture of it before cleaning up the mess. I always get suspicious when it gets quiet too...it can only mean trouble.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers