16 February 2008

Pictures and Stuff

Drew and Owen have been driving me nuts lately. In their defense, our schedules have been out of whack and their naptime has been almost nonexistent for a couple days. Yesterday, Dave got home from work around noon (he went to work at midnight). I decided the best way to be quiet so he could sleep was for the boys and I to head to the inlaws'. We were getting ready to go, and I asked Owen to do something to expidite the process (I don't remember what; probably get his jacket for me or put a toy away). He yelled, "No!" and ran away. Again I directed him, in a slightly sterner voice, to do what I asked. He turned to me and yelled, "I said, 'No!'" I had to bite my bottom lip to keep from laughing. It caught me so off guard I found it funny, but I don't need him thinking he can talk to me like that. After one more slightly threatening request by me, he finally did what I had originally asked. Usually, after the first time he says 'No,' I say, 'Yes' sorta threateningly and he does what I ask. Usually.
We hung out at the inlaws' house until about 4:30, just playing and watching TV. It was kinda nice and relaxing for me (even though I came home to chores that had been neglected). Then we went to Golden Corral to eat. The boys went to bed at their normal time (after 9 pm), and slept 'til almost 11 am the next day.
Drew and Owen have been cracking me up lately, too. The other day we were having a snack of "Marshmarble Mabeys" (that's Drewese for Marshmallow Mateys). Owen, who rarely clears his own dishes without being told about five times, said, "Drew. Take a plate sink." Drew said, "No." Owen said, "Yeeesss" sorta threateningly. Drew just looked at him like, whatever, then cleared his dishes.






Samantha with [her] Great Grandma Archibald.




David and me at Cocoa Beach.


Top: David and me at Clearwater Beach. (I love what humidity does for my hair. It looked twice as thick in Florida as it does in Idaho--pretty sad, huh?) Bottom: The sunset at Clearwater Beach.





Left: David and me in the little race cars at Magic Kingdom. Right: Sunset at Cinderella's Castle.




The "Believe" show at Sea World. It was pretty cool, but too short.




We went on a ride called "Rhino Rally" at Busch Gardens. It took us on a little "safari" and, even though part of the ride was closed for maintenence, it did not disappoint because I got to see rhinos!

3 comments:

Kadee said...

Looks like a fabulous trip!
I'm very jealous.

Marissa said...

Awwwww!!! Samantha is so adorable!! And I LOVE your new hair cut!!

Laura said...

Looks like you guys had fun! It's nice to see the pics :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers