23 February 2008

The What Blanket?!

Bedtime has been frustrating lately. Our bedtime routine for some reason now includes a lot of screaming and tantrums. I used to do songs and prayers, and now I pretty much just walk out and shut the door. I figure if they're going to scream either way, why bother?
Tonight was not much different; I decided I'd give the boys a chance, though. See if they'd be good if I stuck around and sang some songs with them. They did okay. Before I left, Owen asked for his train blanket. It was dirty, so I asked if he wanted a Winnie the Pooh blanket. He accepted. Drew asked for a "Pooh babeck" too. I didn't have another one, so I offered him a "little guy blanket." He didn't want it, so I asked Owen if he'd like to trade. He said okay and was happy with the little guy blanket.
I handed Drew the Pooh blanket. As I left the room, Drew was still talking about the blanket:
"Pooh babeck. Poopy. Use the toilet. Pooh. Poopy babeck..." Funny kid.

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I subscribe to the shut the door and walk out theory of bedtime too. By that time of the day I'm pretty much done with kids. It works for us.

Laura said...

I always just want to shut the door and walk out, but since the girls share a room bedtime takes a little more finessing than that. It's funny because I always expedite the process and Jeremy just drags it on and on. He always says, "But this is the FUN time of day!" Tomato, tomahto :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers