08 December 2007

I See Mitch!

I have to give a little background: David's sister Ace calls Owen "Mitch" (his middle name is Mitchell). My father-in-law hates that she calls him that and tries to get her to stop by telling her it makes me feel bad (it doesn't). The only thing is, the boys don't really understand who she's referring to when she says Mitch. Even though we've told Drew what her name is, he thinks her name is Mitch. When Ace came to visit most recently, Drew kept saying, "Hi, Mitch. Bye, Mitch." It took us a while to figure out he was talking to Ace. It made me chuckle.
Today, I was sitting in the living room feeding Samantha. Drew and Owen were running around being loud and making messes--their two favorite things! Next to the couch is a table that has a glass top and places for pictures. I put a couple of my wedding pictures in there--ones with the whole family, so the boys can see their grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Drew paused for a minute to look at the pictures. He pointed to the picture of Ace and yelled, "I see Mitch!" It was awesome. I worry that we don't see some of the aunt's and uncles often enough, and that the boys won't remember them when they do see them. But Drew remembers Ace (or Mitch)!
Other fun things the boys said today (and some not so fun things):
Munch Mom: Owen's way of saying "SpongeBob" (to get the full effect of how he says it, plug your nose and say "munch mom" out loud in your whiniest voice. I don't know why he says it like that, but he does). Drew says MunchBob-- it's closer...
No Want!: This is Drew's new favorite saying. It drives me crazy. I'm trying to get him to say "No, thank you" instead, but every time I tell him to say it, he yells, "No want thank you!" sigh.
Elmo-Grover: What the boys call any and all Sesame Street characters.
Mine diaper, Merle!: I was changing Owen's diaper this morning and the cat came in and sat next to the box of wipes. I guess Owen felt threatened, and felt the need to assert his dominance.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers