15 December 2007

Get to Work

Drew and Owen have been learning about where people are when they aren't with us. They say things like, "Dad work train," "Roz work 'puters," "Grandpa work police car," or "Grandpa shopping" (during one visit, Grandpa told them he was going to go shopping after he left our house, so they figure if he's not at work he must be shopping).
Lately, the new thing is for the boys to tell me they're leaving and pretend to open the door. For example, Drew will pick up my purse or anything else with a handle and say, "'Bye, Mom. Go work a train." I'll say, "Ok. See you later." Then he'll say, "Kiss a go," and come give me a kiss (instead of just saying "See you later," I used to say, "Can I have a kiss before you go?" And now I don't even have to ask). Then he'll walk around with my purse for a little while before he comes over to me and says, "I'm back." Then he does it all over again. Here are some pictures:

I think the toy Drew is holding is supposed to be like the duffel bag that his dad takes to work.
Here he is taking a 'break.'
Here's Owen doing the other new favorite job: "fix it." He's "fixing" the cupboard door with a corn-on-the-cob holder.
This is Owen going to "work a train. 'Bye ,Mom!" he'd yell.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh those boys are so fun. You'll be so glad that you wrote down all these funny little things!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers