02 November 2007

Mom Bob

Here are our Halloween costumes:

Owen was a little devil. Drew was a little bat.
Samantha was a little witch.
Here we are on the way to trunk-or-treat at the church.


Everyone has jobs to do here. I have most of them, but the boys have been getting more and more little chores every day. Things like taking their dishes to the sink, putting their dirty clothes in the hamper, putting toys away. Sometimes they "help" sweep the floor or wipe the table, but they usually end up making the messes worse, so those ones we call "Mom bob" or Mom's job. It comes in handy when they're trying to do things I don't want them to do, like "comfort" Samantha or plug things into electrical outlets. I just say, "That's Mom's job." And they generally back off.



Today was a day I feared would come... One of the few chores my kids are big enough to do themselves, they no longer want to do. Here's how it all went down:



We went outside this morning after breakfast, so the boys could get some fresh air. I didn't realize it was quite so cold until we came inside and Owen told me his hands hurt. They were bright, bright pink and cold, cold, cold. I looked at our thermometer. Sure enough, only 40 degrees outside. Brr! So I made the boys some warm chocolate milk. They chugged it right down and their hands got warm in the process. Then, Owen heard the sounds of fun toys coming from Westley's room. So he yelled, "'Bye, Mom!" and started scooting downstairs. I asked him if he was done with his milk. He said yes, so I told him to put his cup in the sink. He said (almost gleefully), "Mom bob!" and proceeded to scoot down the stairs.

1 comment:

Nurse Heidi said...

I just noticed you changed your byline in your header...thanks for the giggle : ). I love the costumes on the boys. I'm impressed at your cleverness at turning dying and shaping their hair!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers