26 November 2007

So Much for Feeling Better

I started feeling better on Saturday and Sunday. We skipped church because I thought the boys were probably a little too sick to go to nursery, but other than that I felt pretty decent. Then this morning I woke up with a swollen tongue and my throat more sore than ever. So I went to the doc, who was pleased to announce I have Strep. He was pleased because that meant it's something treatable and not something I'd just have to suffer through. He gave me some Amoxicillin and some Magic Mouthwash which was made up of Lidocaine, Benadryl and Mylanta. It's so nasty, but it numbs my throat to give me a few minutes relief. On the down side, it makes me feel like I just got back from the dentist.
I feel a little guilty. Because I'd been feeling better yesterday, and I figured the boys and I probably had the same bug, I shared some ice cream with them last night. Oops. Now I'm worried that they'll come down with it, if they haven't already. They were immunized a month ago, so hopefully those shots will do what they're supposed to do.
Drew has been worse than usual today with his tantrums (he screamed and cried for almost three hours straight). So I think he probably has something that's making him feel miserable. After the kids went to bed, I sat down to watch Monday Night Football with David. He looked so frazzled. Even though he doesn't like his job, it's days like today that make it almost exciting to go to work.
I'm going to keep this post short and go back to bed. 'Night!

2 comments:

Kadee said...

My dr. once told me kids don't get strep until they're about 6. But I bet there's always an exception to that rule

Nurse Heidi said...

Strep is very unusual in kids under 2. Not unheard of after that point, but hopefully your boys will dodge it. You should be feeling a lot better by now since you've been on antibiotics for a bit...yay for modern medicine!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers