08 November 2007

...

I can't think of any witty title to my post today. My brain is fried from lack of sleep. I've been getting up at 7:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays (okay, so I've only done it twice so far);about 2.5 hours earlier than usual (I try really hard not to compare myself too much to other moms out there, because then I feel really lazy). I started going to the gym with a friend from the neighborhood. When I first got my gym membership last year, I got a free meeting with a personal trainer. She gave me a list of exercises to do which are supposed to get my muscles all nice and toned without being too bulky. I still have the list, but I can't remember what some of the exercises are. For example, what did she mean by "leg drops" and what is a "Superman?" So I just did the ones I knew for now.
I also went for a ride on my new bike. David got me this bike for my birthday. The red design on it is a mass of butterflies. It looks cooler close up. The first time I rode the bike, I made it around the block. The second time, I was able to go around the neighborhood. For some reason, I was feeling extra good yesterday, so we went on some trails. I wasn't feeling so good afterward. My legs felt like wet noodles! But it was such a rush to be flying down a mountain again, dodging trees and bushes and jumping over rocks and sticks. It reminded me of going biking with my friends in Logan. There are a lot of good trails there. And according to David, there are lots of good ones here. So I'm looking forward to making the most of the beautiful Fall days we've been having before they're gone (and David makes me pick up snowboarding again--for some reason that particular sport doesn't thrill me as much as the rest)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice bike, and you have a very nice hubby to get it for you! Yay for you, riding bikes and feeling good again! Keep it up!

Marissa said...

I don't know how you do it all... I am having such a time trying to get used to having one little baby, and here you are with twins (how did you DO that?) AND a newborn. I must say that I really admire you. :) Nice bike by the way :) I miss riding bikes... mines been sitting around since I've been pregnant. I want to get one of those kids seats though and go riding with my baby :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers