20 September 2007

Introducing:

Samantha Mikelle!
She was born Monday the 17th of September at 8:24 a.m. weighing in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces and measuring 20 inches long. The c-section was a bigger ordeal than I remember going through with the boys. I guess I thought they'd just cut me open and yank her out; boy, was I wrong. The docs had to really push on the top of my uterus to get her out. For a moment, I wondered if it was really the docs pushing, or if they brought in some elephants to jump on me. All I know is, I loved whatever it was they put in my IV after that.
Samantha came out screaming, and I was glad, because she'll need to be a bit feisty with those two older brothers of hers. So far, Drew and Owen have been pretty good with her. They were really excited when they came to see me in the hospital. I could hear Drew as soon as he got off the elevator. He was saying hi to all the nurses, telling them all about "Baby Dabanta." Owen wasn't as interested in Samantha, but was really glad to see me.
Today Drew and Owen have been "taking care" of Samantha; I have her hanging out in her car seat to nap. The boys have been keeping her entertained. Drew gave her a truck, and Owen gave her a doll--just stuck it right in the car seat with her. They've also been really vigilant about making sure she doesn't lose her pacifier (except when they deem it necessary to take it from her: "She wasn't using it!"). It's cute.
Here's my favorite picture, so far:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congratulations, Heather!!! :) I can't wait to meet her!

Kadee said...

Congrats Heather! What a cute little baby!

Nurse Heidi said...

Ha ha - "she wasn't using it"! I love that one. Yay for babyliciousness, and a big congratulations from us. Can't wait to meet her in person!

Sabrina said...

OH, so cute!!! Congratulations, Heather and Dave! I have been watching all week for the pictures - she is beautiful. Don't you love the proud big siblings? It's a little scary sometimes the things they come up with, but so, so cute how they get so excited about the baby.

abby's photo shoppe said...

Congrats! I am so glad that I got to stop by and see you guys. I hope that the boys will behave so thatyou can get some rest and recoup before too long. If I were intown I would take the kids so you could nap. Take care and we'll talk soon. And I do love that name!
Abby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers