14 September 2007

The Final Countdown

Two and a half days to go! I got a couple calls from the hospital, to pre-register and all that jazz. This past Wednesday, I went to my last check-up, which was also exciting. I started to loathe the check-ups 'cause they always want a urine sample to test for protein levels and such, and I could never do it, no matter how full my bladder was; call it stage fright or whatever... I think the nurse got a little fed up with me. She acted like I wasn't trying. But now she doesn't have to deal with me anymore!
I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. on Monday. I think that's horribly early for someone who doesn't usually get up until about 9-ish. In my defense, I'm not lazy, I'm just a night owl who doesn't sleep well. This morning, for example, I woke up at 4:30, after about four hours of sleep, and couldn't get back to sleep until after 7. I had some contractions that kept me awake, and also my brain just wouldn't shut off. I kept going over in my mind all the junk I have to get done before the baby comes, and I'm pretty sure most of it isn't going to happen. But I did do some laundry today, so at least David will have clean clothes while I'm recovering.
I bought a few more outfits, and some little hair things so people will know Baby is a girl while she's wearing some of her brothers' old outfits. I feel like a tight wad, but it seems like baby clothes cost more than they did when the boys were at that stage, and the babies grow out of them so fast, I hate spending all that money. So she's going to wear hand-me-downs. Luckily, a girl can wear boys' clothes a lot easier than a boy can wear girls' clothes. But she will need dresses for church, and I saw the cutest little purple one at the store. I was thinking I'll have to go get it, but just now, as I was searching for it online to link to a picture, I found the dress for half price. So I bought it. Along with this cute denim number. See, my frugality has it's benefits!
Well, I need to go finish folding laundry. On Sunday, I'll post a couple pictures so everyone can enjoy comparing my twin-bearing belly from two years ago to my current singleton-bearing belly. There's a huge difference; I can tell by the way I can fit into a booth at a restaurant this time around!

5 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I just about fell off my chair!! I bought that EXACT dress for Katie becuase it was so cute I couldn't resist...even though I have enough clothes in the size I bought it for her. I got it on sale, for about 12 bucks too. Great minds think alike : ). And if you need to borrow baby girl clothes, I have plenty! If someone is heading down this way, or if Roz comes up to visit you, let me know and I can send you some loaners.

Anonymous said...

I always had stage fright also, no matter how much I drank before my appointment, since my husband is a nurse he didn't see what the big deal was, but I hate it.

Marissa said...

You know, I used to have trouble with urine samples... until I was pregnant. Now I have no problems whatsoever. My baby is always pushing on my bladder I guess... anyway, good luck with everything tomorrow!! I'm sure it will be wonderful to see your little baby girl finally... did you decide on a name?? I can't wait to see my baby girl and I still have 1 month (at least) left to go!!! Ahhh!

Marissa said...

P.S. Can't WAIT to see pictures and the baby clothes are adorable!

Sabrina said...

Yea Heather!! Good luck! I'll be checking here often for the baby news!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers