03 March 2007

This'll Teach Her...

I had a couple good posts lined up the other day; had one of them half-way typed, when Drew came and stood by the computer and before I even noticed anything awry, all the icons on the screen disappeared, the computer lady said "Good-bye, David" (his computer talks to him. Heehee), and the screen went black. Drew just looked at me like, "Well? Let's play." Okay. I can take a hint. So we played with cars and books and had a grand old time. Now I don't remember what I was going to write about, but I don't think it really matters.
We have been more bored than usual, this last week. David has been temporarily transferred with his job; he's about a three hour drive away from us. I chat with him on the phone everyday, but of course it's not the same. Drew and Owen miss him, too. Every morning, I get the boys out of their cribs and we go back into my room so I can lay back down until I'm actually awake. Owen walks around looking for David and yells for him: "Da! Daaa!" I tell him, "Daddy's not home. He's at work," and Owen seems to understand that he's not here, but always gets this sad look on his face. It makes me want to cry. But we're survivors. We can make it 'til next week, when we get to go visit. And we've got plans to go again on St. Patrick's Day.*
Last night when David called, I put the phone up to Drew's ear and had David say hi to him. Drew's face lit up when he heard David's voice. And he also looked amazed, because this is the first time the phone said his name. He understands that we talk into the phone, but I don't think he ever realized that there is someone on the other end talking to us! He didn't know what to do. He just whispered, "da." When it was Owen's turn to "talk" to David, he just smiled his Mona Lisa smile, and made little grunting noises. It was so cute.
*I'm very excited for this trip. We're going to meet David at his hotel, then travel a couple hours more to Oregon to visit my Grandpa. I haven't seen him in years, and he's never met David or Drew and Owen. So it will be fantastic!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers