20 January 2007

*Sigh [of Relief]*

Well. It's finally over.
I just hosted my first baby shower today. It was more stressful than it needed to be, probably because I waited until the last possible minute to do everything. It was pretty fun, but I wish there had been more young people there (Abby!). There were, like, three Grandmas and some Aunts that are probably also grandmas... And they didn't really like my games. I guess they [the games] were too "racy." Back when these ladies were having babies, people just didn't discuss such things.*
I also wish there had been less really young people there; like, two less, to be precise. David got called into work, so Drew and Owen had to hang out with us. David thought it would be a good idea anyway, because it would dissuade people from having babies. Except for the mother-to-be; it's already too late for her--the baby's due next week.
To their credit, though, Drew and Owen were pretty well-behaved. Until Drew found my strawberry lemonade and decided he was big enough to drink out of a cup (he's not). Luckily the stuff got all over him and not the carpet; he's more washable. So I put some in a sippy cup for him and he really enjoyed it.
So now that it's all over, I can get back to my quilting project. Yes, I quilt. Well, right now, I just sew squares. Once all the squares are finished, then we'll see if I quilt or not...

*For more on how times have changed, please see Ace's Blog.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers