17 January 2007

I Know It's Still Mid-January


...but I'm pretty sure the 2007 Mother of the Year Award will go to...me. Here's how I know that:
My sister, Roz, lent me her Gameboy Color a couple weeks ago. I've been playing this game, Harvest Moon, every spare second I get. I guess I've been playing too much, because the batteries died quite quickly. I was going crazy! I had to get my fix! I was in a jam! Thinking quickly, I took apart Drew and Owen's favorite noise-making toy, filched the batteries, and was soon-thereafter harvesting eggplants and sweet potatoes and raising chickens. I've got five. I also have a calf, Bess; two sheep, Kell and Lacy; and soon I'll have enough G's to buy a fishing pole! I'm so cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What would really seal the Mother-of-the-year deal would be if you taught Drew and Owen how to dig potatoes and milk cows. Educational toys? Who needs 'em? Harvest Moon rocks!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers