23 January 2007

Let's Get Fit!

Some of you know I got a gym membership for Christmas. And, I'm proud to say, I've been numerous times (though you couldn't tell just by looking at me). I usually just play racquetball or go swimming. Sometimes I ride the bikes so I can read a magazine and feel like I'm exercising. It really does take talent to be as lazy as I am.
When I signed up for membership, they included a free meeting with a personal trainer; I think it's the only business the trainers really get... I'm so excited, though; my trainer finally called me yesterday, and we set up an appointment, and she's going to evaluate me and make me a workout schedule and I'm going to lose 20 pounds. Hooray!
I'm going to join an aerobics class, which I'm pretty sure will be difficult, considering I've never done it before and I'm in horrible shape. It will involve something called "spinning" which term I have heard, but have no idea (yet) what it is. Makes me dizzy just thinking about it.
The gym also has a nursery for the tots. It's pretty cheap; only $1.47 per hour, if you buy a 17-punch pass. I'll probably need a few of those.
One thing I'm very much looking forward to is fitting into my favorite pair of Old Navy jeans; I haven't been able to wear them for almost two years! They're the one pair of pants I have that isn't worn out at the knees; the boys and I spend a lot of time playing on the floor, since they can't reach anything else.
Woo woo! Fitness, Inc., here I come!

2 comments:

Ace said...

Spinning is from the devil. You have been warned.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather--I joined our YMCA just before Thanksgiving and going to the gym is great. Spinning is biking class and it's really hard, but I think you used to ride a lot in Logan so maybe you'll be fine. I just do the elliptical trainers everyday and that whoops me. I'm excited for you

Laura in Colorado

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers