04 March 2009

They're Calling Her Octomom?

Why not the Tetrakaidecamom? After all, she has 14 kids, not eight. Even though I was slightly appalled and a little annoyed when I heard her story, I appreciate the insights offered in this article and I agree on many of the points the author makes. Particularly this quote: "With our glorification of bizarre behavior, we dare the emotionally needy to shock and appall us. And then we slam them."
I'm going to try* to quit buying into it all.
*It'll be difficult; I do enjoy perusing the celebrity gossip columns on msn.com every now-and-again (read: every day).

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I feel sorry for the lady... yes, she probably made some bad decisions but people are way too cruel to her. I just read the article and I agree with it too!!

Unknown said...

Yep, everything she does is in our local news here in LA now. Along with all of the other celebs.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers