15 March 2009

Tiny Tails

I love having a little girl to dress up and make look cute. I plan on taking advantage of it while she's young; I'm sure the day will come when she'll want to pick out her own outfits and do her own hair. But for now, look what I get to do:


This looks worse than it is. I painted Samantha's toenails, but of course an 18-month-old doesn't want to sit around and wait for them to dry, so they got all smudged. Eventually, though, any polish that wasn't on her actual nails wore off, and her toesies looked really cute.


Samantha's hair is finally long enough for pigtails. Her hair is getting really long in the back; it's almost down to her shoulder blades when it's wet. So if I don't pull the front up, it looks very mullet-ish. (And she loves Oreos and hot dogs.)

Above are Daizy and Wubbzy, from the boys' favorite show (even Samantha likes it; she'll point to the TV and say "Wow Wow"). After I put pigtails in Samantha's hair Owen asked me if I'd give him "tiny tails like Daizy's." Then of course Drew wanted them too, so all my kids wore tiny tails for an afternoon.

I'm so jealous of Drew's hair. One of his pigtails, which is made up of less than a quarter of his hair, is as thick as my entire head of hair. It's just no fair!

4 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Way to go with the flow. I love it. Awesome post.

Laura said...

I love this pic! This is what being a kid is all about. My girls LOVE pedicures so I'm sure you and Samantha will do lots of them when you reach the preschool years. Your boys look so big . . .I think it's time for another family reunion! How's your summer looking?

Unknown said...

that is so cute. I love that they all had ponytails. I know what you mean about the mullet. Evie shows hers when I don't do her hair either.

Jennifer said...

Cute kids, Ashlyn hates her hair being dones and usually pulls it out at nap time. So it only gets dones when we are about to go somewhere. SHe does love her nails to be painted. She finally is understanding more so the other day we compromised if she would let me cut her nails then we could make them pretty. And now she sits still for a few minutes so they get almost dry before she runs off.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers