26 February 2009

David's Little Trick

David got stuck with the kids the other day while I was at class. He just happened to be home which was great because our neighbor who usually watches the kids has been having all kinds of health issues; things like unexplained fluid around her heart, possible Mono (I think they ended up ruling that one out), a concussion (she was chasing her kid and she slipped on some water on her tile floor. She was passed out for a half hour before her kids called for help because right before she went unconscious she said, "Don't call 9-1-1, I'm fine," and her kids didn't know what to do after that). I don't want to add to her stress, so I'm so grateful that David's schedule has magically worked itself out so he's been home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Drew was up to his usual shenanigans--sneaking upstairs to raid the pantry or the fridge (which is synonymous with "make a mess"). David had dragged him downstairs a number of times and was tired of it so he got creative: The next time he heard Drew sneak upstairs, David called the house phone from his cell phone. He let it ring and let the answering machine pick up, then he said in his most menacing voice, "Drew! Get back downstairs right now!"
Drew slunk guiltily downstairs and sat quietly on the couch. He stayed downstairs until I got home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. A pretty smart move.

abby's photo shoppe said...

Oh.... oh mercy me!! That is the funniest thing I've heard all week!! Good job. Sigh....... I really love a good prank.
Hope u guys r well.
Abba and clan

Anonymous said...

I hope your neighbor is ok now-that sounds awful! So, how did she finally get some help after she went unconscious?

Yeah, sometimes you have to get creative with kids! It usually ends up being more fun that way too :)

Marissa said...

That was just so great. Seriously. Loved it.

I hope your neighbor is ok... scary thing.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers