04 June 2008

Some Random Pictures Of Our Week

A couple minutes after I put the boys to bed last night,
I heard Drew up and about playing and talking to Owen
(who was either asleep or ignoring Drew).
When I went upstairs ten minutes later, this is how I found him.

We have a robin building some nests under our upper deck. I think there's only one robin (I don't really know because I can't tell one robin from another, but I've only seen one at a time), building two nests. It's been fun for Drew and Owen to watch the robin come and go. They're very quiet and respectful, saying things like, "Shh. Robin's sleeping." I find it a bit humorous because when I tell them, "Shh. Your dad is sleeping," They yell and shout, "Dad's sleeping!" and refuse to be quiet.

This is what the nest looks like from above. This picture was taken through the spaces between the boards, but my camera is too big so it's a lot of board and not much nest. There aren't any eggs in either nest yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing if any show up. I need to remember to keep the cat inside for a while.

I gave Samantha a tiny piece of Oreo--like, the size of a dime--and this is what she did with it. But it obviously made her happy!

I just had to post a bath picture for future blackmail purposes. They're so cute when they're clean!

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

What's not to love about Oreos? And man, those suckers can make a mess in a hurry. It's like a condensed puck of dirt.

Anonymous said...

How cute..the oreo face...being quiet for the Robin, but not daddy...kids are funny that way!

Great "homey" post.. :)

abby's photo shoppe said...

Love every picture. Love every story. I love robins. I love your kids. I love Samantha's sweet grin. I love how independent your kids are. I love that we are friends. Are ya feelin' it? Can't wait to see you and cheer you on at the big RACE!
Your pal,
Abalicious
PS... You are totally hooked up at my mom's. But you may need to bring a blow up mattress or something. I'll call you sometime (FYI... blow up mattresses are on sale for $20 at wally world this week)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers