28 March 2008

It Used To Be Even Crazier

I've been so frustrated lately with tantrums and requests (some rather demanding) to be held and carried all over when the children requesting are perfectly capable of walking. It sometimes borders on out of control.
Last night at dinner, however, I realized that it's not always so bad. Drew and Owen can be quite polite and sweet (if they so choose). I used to take a lot of videos at meal time because Drew and Owen were hilarious in the early days of food getting everywhere. They've always been pretty chatty (which I hope is something that will continue, especially when they become teenagers), and I find myself really enjoying our chats now that actual words are involved. I took a video last night to compare to previous times. Like the Diet Pepsi people say, "We've come a long way, baby."

May, 2007:

Owen decides Skippers' tartar sauce makes a great hair product.

Drew really likes the word fry.

March, 2008:

Note the lack of food in Owen's hair, and the lack of screaming (for now).

Drew actually uses an eating utensil now (usually), and his face doesn't get nearly as messy.

4 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

Those are great. We haven't seen them for such a long time. Owen is barely recognizable in the older video. I love them.
abby

Anonymous said...

Ashlyn loves to put everything in her hair, food, lotion whatever she can get to. She loves to use utensils. I can't wait for her to talk words I can understand. Your boys sure are getting big and handsome.

Julie M. said...

What the Heather Craner?! :) I linked from Kadee's blog, hope you don't mind! You have 3 kids!? They are so cute! How's Poky treating you? Anyway, keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'll have to visit again soon, and we can make more "Mac-mm-monie cheese - mmhmmmmm!" Too bad they don't make Rugrats variety anymore, but any other cartoon character is just as good :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers