20 March 2008

Fireworks!* And Other Fun Stuff

I've been offering Drew and Owen chances to use the toilet. Not pressing the issue, because none of us need that extra stress, but I ask them every so often if they need to use the toilet. If they do, great, if they don't want to, that's fine too. For now. I think Drew might be more ready than he lets on.

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I helped the boys use the toilet, thinking we'll probably make it part of the nightly routine, then gradually add more times during the day when they'll use the toilet too. Drew did pretty well, in that he went pee, but he missed the toilet. As it splashed all over the floor, he yelled, "Fireworks!" I don't know what that had to do with anything, but the phrase stuck. I told Drew to go in his room and get a diaper while I cleaned up the mess. Just as I finished up and joined Drew in his room, the fireworks started again. And again. It's like he was aiming for things. This is why I think he has more control than he lets on. He was practically writing his name on the carpet. Luckily, we always have Woolite pet spray on hand. It works just as well for kid messes as it does for pet messes (and it comes in a fresh new scent)!
***
Monday, the 17th, was Samantha's half-birthday. I was going to make half a cake (which was going to be green in honor of St. Patty's day) but it never happened. We did make it to the doctor for her 6 month checkup. I was surprised to learn she's gained about 3 ounces in the last 3 months. The doctor wasn't worried (he's the laid back type that doesn't really worry about much at all) and said she looks great and will chunk up with the addition of solid foods to her diet. And here I thought she was already chunky! Turns out she's small for her age. Those extra chins of hers had me fooled.

***
Also in honor of St. Patty's day, we ate green eggs and ham for lunch. It was delicious:

*This story could probably be used to blackmail Drew later in life...

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Your kids are so funny!! Seriously, where do they come up with the things they say? Fireworks?? Too cute. I never would have guessed the baby was a little small, she does seem to look fairly chunky from the pictures. I guess those extra chins can be a bit deceiving...

Nurse Heidi said...

Fireworks....I laughed out loud!! So funny! And I hear you about the skinny baby club. Katie is round and well proportioned, just the size of a baby 3 months younger.

Laura said...

Wow! Your kids are advanced with the potty stuff. Eleanor asks to sit on it all the time but NEVER produces. Oh, and "fireworks"--too funny :) Samantha looks good to me, too. She has such sweet rosy cheeks; they begged to be kissed.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers