29 August 2007

Our Basement Smells Like Booze

The restoration guys just came in and painted the mold-room. It stinks. It smells like beer, which I will assume is paint smell and not painter smell. We went and picked out carpet yesterday, which will be installed on Friday, so the room is getting really close to being finished. Yay!

In other news Happy [belated] Birthday to Kevin! My little brother turned 20 yesterday! It's so weird! We went to visit on Sunday, and had a little party for him with presents and yummy food, and a cake which I made. I'm pretty proud of it, even though I didn't come up with the idea myself. Here are some pictures from the party:





This is the cake that I made for Kevin. He went to the Special Olympics basketball tournament, so I made him a little jersey.




This is the mess I made making Kevin's cake. It was as much fun as it looks!







Here's a [partial] family photo: Drew, me, Owen, Mike, Casey, Lura, Marcus, Westley, Andy, Kevin.
Owen loved jumping on my old trampoline. Drew, of course, wasn't so fond. He wouldn't even
stand up on it.

3 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

You really have a talent in the cake department. Seriously. If you had only seen the cake I did for Brigham's first birthday. You wouldhave run away crying. But yours is sooooo cool! I love it. And am jealous of your talent. And thanks for the comments on my blog. I love getting them and know that i need to write comments more often as I always love reading yours!!! It's always first on my list! So anywho, I can't wait to see you "hopefully" when we come up. At least I might make the trip while Seth does the wedding video. You will probably still be in the hospital by then. Yeah, so I can see your newest addition! This is long. I will talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Everyone is so grown up-, I guess I haven't seen Kevin for like 6 years. Good work on the cake, I am trying to decide what to do for Ashlyn's 1st cake, hopefully it will resemble something when I get done.

Kadee said...

I can't believe Kevin is twenty! To me he'll always be that 8 year old Kevin who ran around calling me "Kadee-Ninny". Happy Belated Birthday Kevin!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers