27 August 2007

Diamonds, Shmiamonds.

I went and got some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, the other day. I decided to tackle my kitchen with them, because I'd heard great things about their powers. It turns out, those things were true! I previously thought the front of my microwave was white with beige-ish detailing. I was pretty surprised (and a little disgusted) to learn, after really scrubbing it, that it's just plain white. I also spilled some bright blue food coloring on my counter tops, and the erasers got it right off when nothing else would. Those Magic Erasers are my new best friends.
They do, however require caution, especially around kids. I got an email from a friend today, that told a story of a gal whose kid got really bad chemical burns from the Magic Erasers. The Scotchbrite brand can cause the same problems. So if you let your kids use them, have them wear gloves, and make sure they only use them on the walls or stove, or whatever; they're definitely not for use on people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE those magic erasers! They make a tub sparkle and they make finger prints go away and so much more...I am never without one of them on my cleaning days!

Nurse Heidi said...

They are pretty darn remarkable, aren't they?! I heard a rumor that there is a Magic Eraser mop. That would have saved my knees!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers