16 July 2007

Hey-O-Bah

...I don't know what hey-o-bah means, but Owen says it a lot, and I think it's very cute. Drew and Owen have been talking a lot lately, most of it not really in English, but still fun.
Last night, Owen snatched Andy's cordless mouse from the computer desk and was using it as a telephone. It was so funny. He was sitting in a little kid-size rocking chair saying all these "words" that only he can understand, and laughing like a maniac. I guess this is a favorite activity of his, because he's been doing it lots lately.
I have fun trying to get the boys to pronounce different words. My favorite to watch them say is "juice" because they pucker up their little lips just so, and it cracks me up. The other day, I was going through all the girl names I like, trying to see if Drew and Owen can pronounce them. I want them to be able to at least kind of be able to say their little sister's name, so we don't end up with any horrible nicknames. Here is what they came up with:
Name: Torah
D. says: Ta-tas
O. says: Tee-ta
Name: Sophie
D. says: Buffy
O. says: Bubba
Name: Keira
D. says: Feefa
O. says: Eesheesh
Name: Meira
D. says: Nananee
O. says: Oh-my
Name: Mikelle
Both say: Moooo!
(I guess they thought I asked them to say "moo cow")
So I really want to name the baby Torah Mikelle, but David still needs a lot of convincing. He likes the name Mikelle, but for some reason I want to keep it as a middle name; the reason being, I suppose, that I really, really like the name Torah.

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers