15 July 2007

The First Anniversary of My 25th Birthday

Friday was my birthday. I had a really good day; I don't know what all this superstitious Friday the 13th stuff is about--every time the 13th falls on a Friday, it's a good day for me no matter what month it is. But especially in July.
My brother and his wife surprised me with a cake and some presents. They gave me three little fish (unfortunately one died that night), and some books.
David was on a camping trip with the church youth, but he snuck away early and met me in Idaho Falls to go to a Chukars game, and we ate at Garcia's, which is probably my favorite Mexican restaurant, because they have a scrumptious spinach cheese sauce that they put on their chimichangas (you can also buy just the sauce, as an appetizer, and dip chips and stuff in it).
Saturday, unfortunately, wasn't my birthday anymore, but we had a lot of fun anyway. We went to Wake on the Snake, which is a wakeboarding competition held in Burley, Idaho, every year. We didn't compete, but our little friends Zach (age 5) and his sister Ashley (age 8) competed in the Beginners class, and they did really well. Zach told his mom the night before the competition, "Mom, I'm not going to throw any flips tomorrow." His mom said, "Well, that's good, because you don't know how." To which Zach replied, "I just wanted you to know; don't expect any flips."
We went with a couple friends from church and their two kids. I didn't know either of them very well, so it was nice to get to know them better. Basically, we just sat on the river bank all day (seriously, for like, six-and-a-half hours) under the shade of a tree and chatted, and watched the wakeboarders throw their stunts. At least, that's all I did. David and the boys played in the water quite a bit, and our friends and their kids played a little. I think everyone had a lot of fun. It was nice to be out of the house. Our friends hadn't really planned on going, but decided to go at the last minute. In the end, they were really glad they did, because their alternate plans for the day were to do housework and install a garbage disposal.

Some pictures of the weekend:



My birthday cake. It heated up
the house when we lit all the candles.




My two surviving goldfish.



Drew and me at the baseball game, David and Owen at the ball game



Owen and Drew trying on my sunglasses; it's the cool thing to do.




Owen and David jumping into the water. Owen cried the first time David jumped in with him, but when we pulled him back onto the dock he said, "Again?"




A wakeboarder doing a flip.

4 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Woo woo! 25! You're almost exactly 5 years younger than me - one month til my big 3-0. Shocking, really, that we're all getting so old. Sounds like you had a great weekend, and the pics of the boys are so cute : ).

Heathie said...

I'm technically 26, but since 25 was such a good age, I'm just celebrating anniversaries of turning 25.

abby's photo shoppe said...

Happy Birthday! I love the pictures of you and your boys at the ball game. Seriously. They are divine. I'm glad thatyou had a good day. Sorry I missed it. Have a good one.
Abbalicious

Nurse Heidi said...

Duh. I get it now. Pardon my foggy hormone brain. Happy 26 to you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers