28 June 2007

Some Memories of Carrie

(I borrowed this picture from the Family Website)
Heidi wrote a really great post about Carrie today on her blog, and rather than clog up her comment box, I decided to do my own little post with some of my favorite memories about Carrie. Some of them Heidi already mentioned so go check that out, if you haven't yet.

I have a vest that I got for $3 at The Gap that always reminds me of Carrie; she had a matching one. We bought them together on a trip to the big mall in Denver.

When Carrie came to visit over 4th of July, she, Roz and I built our own fireworks*, according to Craner tradition. We had some pretty big explosions. We went to the local firework display where we happened to sit behind my friend Matt. Ever straight-forward, Carrie told him, "You're hot!" but then acted like I was the one who said it. I think he believed her...

Carrie helped me through a lot of crazy things when I was at school in Orem. She showed up to see me at the emergency room right after they told me I was either having a miscarriage or twins. Both of those sounded horrible to an emotional pregnant girl, so of course I started bawling. Carrie popped in right then and helped me calm down and stayed with me for about three hours until they figured out what was going on. She also called our boss, who happened to be a bishop, to come give me a blessing.

It's hard to believe it's been two years since The Accident. Sometimes that day seems like a distant memory, but all the good memories seem like they happened last week. I hope Carrie knows how much all these memories mean to me, even though I didn't get to tell her while she was here.



*Making fireworks involved taking existing fireworks apart, putting the powder into a toilet paper tube (or a paper towel tube if you wanted a big one), sticking in a fuse, taping it shut, lighting it, and running like the dickens to find a "safe zone." Here we are looking at one of the "duds."

Left to right: Me, Roz and Carrie (I wish more faces could be seen...)

2 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

I love the skydiving picture! I have a very similar one of myself. See I do have a little bit of Carrie in me : )!

The other memory I was thinking of that made me chuckle yesterday was when she called me about her new tattoo being infected. I was pleased to inform her that the location that she chose would stretch out severely if and when she ever had kids resulting in a rather deformed Dave Matthew's dancing man. She was totally shocked when I told her that some tattoo places re-use needles and that she'd need to get Hep and HIV testing. Really, one of the more interesting conversations I've had with her.

Ellie said...

Hi Heathie,

What a nice tribute of memories of your friend. She sounds like she was a great friend. I went over and read what Nurse Heidi had said about her as well and so I got a pretty clear picture from the two of you that Carrie must have been a wonderful friend.

Thank you for your thoughts over on my site today. Some great thoughts. :)

Hope you have a great week.

Blessings,

Ellie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers