25 June 2007

Panfakes and Robin Noodles

This is what we had for breakfast this morning. I was fixing pancakes and asked Drew and Owen if they'd like some. Drew said, "Panfakes? Yeah!" Owen said, "Teeeaaase!" While we were having breakfast, Westley was having his mid-morning snack. Even though I could see his bowl of ramen noodles (actually they were everywhere), I asked him what he was eating, and he said, "I eating robin noodles!"
The boys love having Westley here. He's so much fun, and they learn a lot from him. Drew and Owen have both started talking more, and they seem more brave to try new physical things, like running and going down bigger slides. The preferred activity seems to be running between the front door and the kitchen table--back and forth, back and forth, all the while yelling, "Go, go, go, go, go!" and laughing hysterically. It gets pretty fun (and a little wild) when all three of them are doing it at the same time. There are usually some collisions, but they never seem to care.
It's been super hot here lately, so Lura set up a pool in the back yard. The boys love it. I don't know how they'd like it if Westley weren't there; they'd probably have fun, but be more reluctant to just jump right in and start splashing. Here are some pictures (I couldn't get any with Westley; he was moving around too much. I got some videos with him, but I don't know how to post those...):


Compare this to this time last year, when they could just barely sit up in the pool by themselves:



Owen enjoyed drinking from the sprinkler.

Drew took a while to get the hang of it. The water kept hitting his belly before he could get his face up to it to drink.

Just a random picture; Drew climbed up into the baby swing all by himself (I have no idea how--I just turned around and there he was). He kept saying, "Nana. Nana." That's what he calls Marcus (Westley's little brother). And he and Owen thought it was hilarious that Drew would kick Owen in the stomach every time he swung toward him. Weird kids.

4 comments:

Ace said...

Aach! When did my two little baby nephews turn into little boys? The wading pool pictures scare me. Not in a snakes-wriggling-out-of-the-wall or bunnies-eating-my-eyeballs-out sort of way, but scary in that they are growing up.

Whew. Good thing little A.J. will soon be gracing us with her presence.

Anonymous said...

The wading pool pics scare me too...because I keep seeing pictures of my little brother circa 1980 in them...And Heather, I think A.J. is a BAD name. J.J. is much cuter.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to get a daily laugh from reading these kids' antics! They just crack me up!

Kadee said...

I'm glad to see that Westley is eating "robin noodles" for breakfast! It's one of my favorites!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers