28 May 2007

Full House

Just how big was the townhouse shared by the Tanner family and all their friends and relatives? At one point, they had nine people living there!
We'll have nine people in our house, come Fall. My brother, Andy, and his wife, Lura, moved in with us. They brought their kids, Westley and Marcus. So we have a pretty full house now. It's been pretty fun, so far. Westley is 2 years old, and he is a lot of fun for the boys. They try to do everything he does. Marcus is 4 months old, and is the smiliest baby I've ever seen. I've only heard him cry a few times, and they've lived here for almost a week. Compare that to my boys when they were babies: they only cried a few times every ten minutes.
We have two rooms in our basement that they moved into, and we just share the rest of the house. It's nice to have another wife around. Someone else to help cook and clean. The only difficult thing about the situation, so far, has been that Westley has a built-in alarm clock that is set for 6:30 a.m., no matter what time he went to bed the night before. I'm sure it's harder on his parents than it is us, so I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. But he wakes up our dog, who in turn wakes up my boys, who wake me up, and I'm not such an early morning person. My boys aren't either; if they wake up before 8:30, they're just grumpy for the rest of the morning, so I usually try to get them to go back to sleep.
So the last week has been a whirlwind of making sure there's room for everyone and their things (we have had to get rid of a bunch of stuff, for which I'm glad; David and I have lived in this house for less than two years--how did we get so much junk?), unpacking, getting kids used to new beds, and other things that go along with moving. It's been wild.

2 comments:

Kadee said...

Sounds like a fun house, just like the Tanners.

Ellie said...

Wow, Heathie, sounds like a houseful to me...is this a long term situation? You are handling it well, even when your children are being awakened long before they are used to.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers