25 October 2006

No cake, no ice cream. Happy Birthday.

Actually, there was cake. And ice cream. Lots and lots of it. You only turn 1 once! Why not go all out? In hind sight, which is always 20/20, I'm really glad I didn't shell out big bucks for decorations and party favors and all that garbage. Probably not as glad as David is, since he is the one who actually pays for everything around here... We put up 5 balloons and 4 feet of crepe paper (that classy stuff) and it was just about perfect. Because really, you only go to a one-year-old's party because you know there will be cake. There. I said it.
It was a great party; only one tantrum (it was Drew). The boys actually played with their presents and not just the wrapping paper. They got some good stuff, too (thanks to Aunt Ace for books and clothes, and to Aunt Jen for shirts).
On an unrelated note, since I'm handing out thanks: Shout-out to Josh for letting me know I misspelled the word "often" in my blog description. I guess no one else noticed, or in a certain husband's case, wanted to "hurt my feelings." I'll make sure to run spell check from now on, but please, if you notice something, let me know. As a former English major, spelling and grammatical errors bug me to no end. Unles their, on purrpos?

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers