05 November 2009

A Pinch of Procrastination With a Helping of Hypocrisy

I've got all sorts of cleaning to do today. Drew and Owen want to watch videos on the computer, but I told them no computer until the chores are done. Here I am playing on the computer. My rationalization is I'm just going to "get it over with" and then I won't compute any more today (because I've also got lots of good library books waiting for me once the housework--or at least most of it-- is done).
I just wanted to record a few funnies from Drew and Owen--you know, for posterity's sake. Those boys are super interested in how things work and where things come from lately. I'll answer as many of their questions as I can and things I don't know I'll look up so I can give them straight answers. So now Drew and Owen know little gems like the following (which they have put into their own words):
"Honey is bee spit."
"Eggs are baby chickens."
"Milk is made out of cows." (I keep telling them milk comes from cows, not that it's made of cows, but they don't see the difference, apparently.)
And Owen surprised us at dinner the other day with this classy explanation on digestion: "Water goes into your body and turns into pee." He actually learned that one from the neighbor boy who has been paying attention in Kindergarten class. Smart kid!

No comments:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers