13 November 2009

Halloween Pics

I posted some of these on my Facebook page, but some of you don't have Facebook, so I thought I'd post them here, too.

Jack-O-Lantern Sunset

We went trick-or-treating in Old Town Pocatello. It was a little disappointing. I had a couple friends tell me they go every year and it's a great time and they get good candy. I guess this year was an off year. Plus, it was a Saturday, so it was really crowded. There was a line almost two blocks long at a cell phone store. We bypassed it, so for all we know they were giving out free minutes or something. It must've been something good; I can't imagine standing in line for a Tootsie Roll.

Drew and Owen didn't care about the crowds and the lame candy. They were just excited to be getting something.

Owen wanted to be a wizard this year. I made a funky little hat, too, but he lost it before we went trick-or-treating.

Drew wanted to be a crayon. He was so excited about his costume.

I decided to make a spider costume for Samantha. I used the same pattern for the pumpkin I made last year then I added some extra arms and legs. It was a lot of fun to make, and I was pleased with how it turned out. Samantha was not as pleased. She cried and cried when I put it on her. But after people said how cute she was and gave her candy, she decided it wasn't so bad.

3 comments:

Lura said...

Cute costumes! I love the crayon- what a fun idea! I'm dying to post pics of my kids costumes because I had fun making them and was pleased with how they turned out, but I can't find my USB cord... GRRR...

Jennifer said...

Cute kids, great work on the costumes.

Unknown said...

What! I didn't leave a comment here. I read this post when you posted it days ago. I do that all the time. Just when you think you've commmented and said "Heather, you did an awesome job with their costumes and I love the glasses on Drew" you find that you were just thinking that. Sorry, I will try to be more careful next time. ;)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers