06 July 2009

Park City

I guess it's time for another update on the ol' blog.
Work has been keeping me pretty busy (or at least away from the house for 9 hours a day--we don't actually do a whole lot at work). I'm liking the job so far, though.
We had a great July 4th weekend. David took me to Park City, UT, for an early birthday present. My mom watched the kids for us (thank you, thank you!). We went down Friday afternoon and checked into our hotel. We stayed at the April Inn on Main. It was a cute little room with a kitchen/front room and a separate bedroom. Friday evening, we drove into Salt Lake City to watch a MLS game: Real Salt Lake vs. San Jose Earthquakes. It was an exciting game, with a tied score 1-1. I would love to go to more MLS games. There was also a bonus fireworks show after the game, which made it even more fun.
Saturday, we watched Park City's Independence Day Parade from our balcony, then we went to Olympic Park to play around. We saw the aerial show put on by the freestyle ski team, then we toured the museum and park. We rode the Alpine Slide, which is like a luge for the summertime. We also rode the zip line, but wish we had forked out more cash and rode the bigger one. When we get more moolah, we'd like to go back and ride the bobsled. It's pretty expensive though, for about a 1 minute ride. Makes places like Six Flags and Disney Land seem cheap!
After spending a while at Olympic Park, we went to the outlet mall (which was sort of disappointing because I had been under the impression that outlet malls were supposed to be cheap when really almost everything was regular department store prices. I did score a couple $5 shirts for myself and a couple $3 shirts for Samantha, though, so it wasn't a total waste of time).
When we got bored of shopping (David got bored long before I did), we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some steaks. We took them back to our hotel and cooked them there, which was fun. Then we watched Park City's fireworks display. It was pretty decent for a small town show.
We checked out Sunday morning and headed back to Pocatello, arriving home just as my mom and the kids got home from church. Perfect timing! The trip was a blast; a much better birthday present than the vacuum I had originally asked for (I still need a new one, though). I only wish I had remembered my camera! Here's a picture of the outside of our hotel that I stole from hotels.com. Our room was the room on the upper right in the yellow building.

4 comments:

Lura said...

That sounds like so much fun! So, where are you working now?

Erin said...

Cute hotel! When we were in Park City, all there was to do was shop... or swim, you can guess what we ended up doing the whole time. Shopping is more fun if you have a lot of money anyway!

Erin said...

Cute hotel! When we were in Park City, all there was to do was shop... or swim, you can guess what we ended up doing the whole time. Shopping is more fun if you have a lot of money anyway!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a present! That sounded like the perfect thing. I used to think that about outlet malls too. Some are better than others. Even when Brytton and I lived in Utah, we didn't do the fun things you did. Wait a go! Glad to see you had a happy 4th and early b-day.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers