13 July 2009

A Good Day

Today is my birthday! I've got aproximately 35 minutes to go, even. It has been a good day. Lots of people sent me good-wishes via Facebook. I also got phone calls from family members. Drew popped up by the side of my bed this morning and said, "Happy Birthday, Mom!" Samantha has been running around saying, "Bappy Birbay!" all day. Some of the waiters and one of the chefs sang to me at Red Lobster and gave me a little ice cream sundae with a candle in it. And at work, my friend brought cupcakes for me and treated me to a wrap at Schlotsky's for dinner. Thanks, everbody!
Being 28 isn't too bad. Not that it's much different than being 27, but I've always had something against even numbers. So we'll see how this year goes. So far, so good!
In unrelated news, I've been taking the kids to Lunch at the Park. They love to run around and play, and I love to not have to fix lunch (not like it's hard, I'd just rather have someone else do it for me). It's been really good for Drew and Owen to learn how to take turns and share with kids who aren't their siblings. One day last week, Drew tried to climb into one of the tunnels on the playgroud, but a little kid (maybe about 2 years old) with coke-bottle glasses popped out of the tunnel and yelled, "Raaarrrr!" Drew came running back to me screaming. I had to try so hard not to laugh, and just told Drew, "If you want to play in the tunnel, just go ask that boy." Drew decided he didn't really want to play in the tunnel anymore. The mental image of Drew running away from that cute little boy with those huge glasses still makes me chuckle.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, we often go to the park for lunch, but I usually pack a lunch. Ashlyn is shy about playing with other kids and just stands there watching them for a while.

Unknown said...

Oh good, everyone is up late today. I just finished my paper so I have a good excuse. I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday again and also say that I think that story about the little boy in the tunnel made me laugh out loud. I can't believe we are both 28 this year. It seems so weird to me.

Nurse Heidi said...

You have something against even numbers...ha ha! You're funny :). Perhaps that's why 3 kids feels just right for you. I'm wrapping up an odd number year, and it's been pretty decent - we'll see how the evens treat me next.

Anonymous said...

Yahoo I'm so glad you blog! Your kids are SO CUTE! I can't believe you have twins.... I complain on how busy I am with my boy. You must be crazy busy with 2! But I'm sure you have loads of fun :0)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers