07 May 2009

Whole Buncha Stuff

I went to clean a rental property for my friends yesterday and they asked me to take pictures of the house while I was there so they can put them on their website. It turned out to be a good opportunity for me to finally upload all the pictures that have been sitting in my camera's memory for about a month. And lucky you, dear readers, because that means you all get to see them. Without further ado:

We had a few gorgeous days in April (just a few, though. This was the first year when I really understood the saying, "April showers bring May flowers." I had to chant it over and over to keep from going crazy). The boys and I pointed out animal shapes in the clouds and the boys rode their trikes around the driveway for hours.

I was actually able to get some good photos of Drew; usually he's saying "cheese" so fiercely that it doesn't even look like he's smiling. I had to be stealth to get this one.

I love this picture of Owen. That's about all I can say about it. I love it, love it, love it.

Here's Vito. Notice that little smile on his face. He was so glad to get outside. I think he gets cabin fever even worse than the rest of us.

Remember the doll I mentioned yesterday? It's from the Only Hearts Club, and it's not entirely made of cloth; the hands and face are actually the same kind of rubbery stuff Barbie's face is made out of. (Botox? I mean, the lady never ages!) The reason I know all this about the dolls is because our friend's little girl, upon hearing how much Samantha liked the doll, gave it to her! Tonight was our last soccer game of the season, and our friends hosted a pizza party at their house. Their little girl had the doll wrapped in tissue and in a little gift bag, and she couldn't wait to give it to Samantha. It was so sweet! All you can see of the doll in the above picture is her long, flowing locks, but she really is a cute doll.

Samantha has been very patient with me while I girl her up. She actually seems to love having her hair done, and when I'm all done she says, "Theekyooou." She says that all the time these days. It's so cute. Anyway. This is a little half French braid I did. I left the sides out because I think they would've caused me grief trying to get them to stay. And her hair does cute little curly stuff in the back, so I left it down, too.

These are three little braids I stuck together with one tie. Samantha looks really cute with a comb-over, so most of the styles I try on her are parted on the side and swept over the top.

3 comments:

abby's photo shoppe said...

I am glad that you posted some pictures of the kids. We love to see them. AND THANK YOU for posting about that EVIL word "cheeeeeeeeeeeeese". There is NOTHING worse than going on a photoshoot and the parents loudly telling their children to yell cheese over and over and over.
ok.... venting done. Lesson learned...
I hope you have a great week!
Abba

Nurse Heidi said...

Oooh, look at your sweet hair doing skillz! Katie actually lets me do her hair, which is a novelty. Rachel always wants hers down and hanging in her face. So I am getting used to doing little bitty pig tails and such. Haven't gotten quite brave enough to try a french braid, but now that I see how cute it turned out on Samantha I'll have to.

We have some of the Only Hearts dolls too. I was hopeful that Rachel would love them more than she does, and that she'd find them to be a suitable replacement for the handmedown Barbies that our neighbor gave us (and that I threw away after a while). She's never really keyed in to them, though. Maybe Katie will. I think they're adorable.

Jennifer said...

Cute hair, I am jealous Samantha sits still for you. Ashlyn will only sit still long enough for a ponytail or 2 then she is done. Then she pulls them out at naptime, so rarely does her hair get done, unless we are going somewhere.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers