06 May 2009

Freedom!!

I took my final final today. It feels so nice to be done! One semester down, 5 (at least) to go! Now I gotta go get a job. I'm thinking I'll just bite the bullet and go to Convergys. They're currently paying $10.50 an hour, which is more than most places in town (at least the places that are hiring), plus they offer an employer match stock program (I still need to look up their stock and see if it's worth investing in. But as long as it's making money, that's free money from Convergys!). They also offer health insurance, which will be good if it takes longer than 5 months for David to be picked up at the railroad, and tuition reimbursement so I'd have help paying for school. And, there are rumors of a $2000 bonus upon completion of their training. They're making it awfully tempting! I guess I'll head over there tomorrow and sign myself up.
We've had two soccer games this week and we have one last game tomorrow. So far we are undefeated (because a tie doesn't count as a defeat)! I'm just now feeling like I'm getting good at soccer again, and the season is over. It's been a fun season.
My friend's little girl left her doll at the soccer field today. It was a way cute doll, made of cloth, no plastic anywhere, and Samantha loved it. I let Samantha hold it while we drove to my friend's house to give the doll back. Samantha just giggled and chatted with the doll the whole way over. It was so funny, and unexpected because so far she's only been interested in toy cars (wonder where she learned that from?). I'll have to make up some special occasion so I can get her one of those dolls.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Was the doll a special brand name?
I am so happy for you and the completion of your finals. I go all year baby and it is not always that pretty. But hey, stats is finally done at least. Love to hear about how your job pickins go. By the way, Evie is staying at the Longs for 5 days. Do you think you could check on her for me once :). I'm just a little worried. I am leaving for Idaho on Monday and I'd love to come by. Let me know.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers