07 February 2009

It's Just Ketchup

The other day I was thinking to myself, It'll be nice when the kids are more independent and self-reliant. I'll be glad when they can wipe their own bottoms, get themselves dressed, make their own snacks.
This morning I went downstairs to start breakfast. Apparently someone had started without me:

Drew had made his own "breakfast" of Kraft Singles and ketchup. He was very proud of it, but for some reason didn't eat it.

This afternoon Owen and Drew decided they were going to play in the back yard with Vito. Owen put his shoes on by himself:

He's wearing one snow boot and one shoe. On top of not matching, they're on the wrong feet. He also put his pants on by himself which is why his crotch seam is in front of his right hip instead of his crotch.

When I set up my camera to upload pictures to my computer, I came across this gem by Samantha; seems she's a budding photographer who specializes in self-portraits.

Drew took the following video of Samantha after she took a drink and a swim in Vito's water.

So it would appear as though my kids are becoming more independent and self-reliant. They make their own breakfasts, get themselves dressed, they even entertain themselves and each other. (It gives credence to the old adage be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.) Now if only the kids had the wiping thing down.

5 comments:

Kadee said...

Nice! It looks like they're all grown up!

Jennifer said...

Ashlyn thinks she is all grown-up also. She wants to do everything herself, then she has me do it when she is done, so everything takes a lot longer. At least your kids use the potty, Ashlyn hasn't figured that part out yet.

Lura said...

This post makes me chuckle! Silly kids. :)

Nurse Heidi said...

This is an awesome post! Love it.

Nicole said...

What a funny post! I especially like the part that Owen put shoes and pants on by himself...so cute! Your kids are so adorable! : )

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers