01 January 2010

What Are You Funny About?

My kids love to be the reason I'm giggling. Which is good, because it happens a lot. One of them does something funny, I laugh, and the funny kid will ask, "What a you laughing about? Me? Cool!" Then the kid will proceed to try to recreate whatever I was laughing at.
I love it when Samantha asks me what I'm laughing about. She doesn't use the word "laughing"--instead she asks, "What are you funny about?" Which usually makes me laugh even more. Tonight, Samantha and I were going through her bedtime routine. We had said prayers and were singing a song. She likes to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" all by herself, then she gives me a turn to sing a song to her. I was singing "Reverently, Quietly," and she decided she wanted to have a turn. She sang it like this: "Revely, Riley. Ryler, Cokely. Bett? Brian?" I started cracking up. She went from singing the song to listing the names of our neighbor friends, Riley, Skyler, Oakley, Bret and Brian. I couldn't stop giggling. So of course she asked me, "What are you funny about?" You, my dear girl. You.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a funny girl.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers