27 September 2009

Primary Program

Drew and Owen participated in their first Primary Program* at church today. Maybe "participated" is a bit of an overstatement; they did say their short little lines (Drew said, "I can keep the Word of Wisdom." And Owen said, "I can pay my tithing."), but other than that, they just stood there during the songs. Didn't even sing one word. Drew did smile and wave at me from the pulpit, which was really cute. The program went off without a hitch this year, which was a little disappointing, because it's always kinda funny when the kids misspeak or when they sit up on the stand poking each other and making faces at their parents and siblings in the audience.
I'm not usually overly sentimental, but I did get a little teary-eyed when my boys said their lines. I was so proud of them (I honestly thought they would chicken out and not say anything at all)!
*For those who are wondering what I'm talking about: In our church the kids ages 3-11 go to Primary every Sunday to learn about the Gospel (and honestly, to give the parents a break so they can learn, too!). They study different themes every year. This year's theme is Strengthening the Family. And toward the last part of the year, they put on a program to let the parents know what they've learned. It's always very sweet, and sometimes quite funny!

3 comments:

mary lou said...

Good for them! I'll have to come to see them next year! Our ward kids did real good on their program too.

Jennifer said...

Good job to the boys. Our program was last week also, I was surprised that there were no memorable things the kids did or said. We just got a new presidency 3 weeks ago, I am in it, but not the pres. and then 2 weeks ago the wards here divided giving us 8 new kids to squeeze in. Given all of that it was great.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! By the way, did yo get my facebook e-mail to invite you as an author on my cooking blog? I'd love to have you join. If you can send me your e-mail, I can send you the blogger invite and a letter explaining the blog. let me know.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers