24 March 2010

The Good Ol' Days

I saw this article over on ParentDish.com. It gave me a good chuckle and, even though I'm not part of the "Over 30 Crowd" mentioned, I remember the days spoken of in the article. Days before MP3s and cell phones and Call Waiting. Days before realistic video games. I love how she describes it:  We didn't have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever! And you could never win.. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE! 
I won't paste the whole article here, but here's a link: "PaRant: I AM That Mom Who Says, 'You Kids Had it Easy.'" It's good for a laugh!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I didn't read the article, but remember having to blow in the game cartridge to get them to work.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers